life and Stuff with perspective

October7

today marks an interesting perspective driven milestone for myself and role on this planet.

I’m forty nine years away from being one hundred years old.

yesterday marked the 25th anniversary of my earthly Father’s suicide, whom I idolized because he was a great Dad, loving husband, by example, and leader of men (I’m still left with the question: “why didn’t he call me?”).

two days ago I lost a pretty good friend that helped me form a view of life, and philosophy in business. I fielded phone calls from local papers for “unique quotes”. in a way, that helped make feel a little better, about Steve.

my business is solid; and, I make a positive difference in people’s lives, and daily. I know it; so do they. that feels good. relevant.

so… today I’m hanging out with Joanne thinking, if I died today do I want to be in business meetings or be with her? Happy Friday everyone. I love you all. Lift me up.

with all that, I’m listening to: All I Do Is Win, by T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dog and Rick Ross (never mind the bits about making money – that just comes with using my Super Powers for good). also, Dear Mr. President by 4 Non Blondes, just because it’s completely different from All I Do Is Win – and, that is it’s own perspective. and, Knockin’ on Heavens Door, the Bob Dylan version, mind you. it’s not commonly known that Dylan was a favorite of Steve’s (and, my Dad).go find it on iTunes. you’ll be better for the effort. Do it!

peace be to my Brothers and Sisters.

brian patrick cork

posted under Authentic Life, Dad, Life, Music, Stuff

“life and Stuff with perspective”

1. Avatar October 7th, 2011 at 10:54 am George Says:

I love what you wrote. I’m 56 and seeing the headlines about Steve at 56 yesterday had a surreal impact on me. I woke up thinking today about the difference of bad news and fear of bad news and how that difference affects one’s perspective. I am touched by your day yesterday in it’s meaning from your dad and a friend. Your writing as you do inspires me to think even more deeply about the time and people that I have. Thank you for moving me into an active state of contemplation that fires up my own creative way to impact others as I grow even at my age.

2. Avatar October 7th, 2011 at 1:39 pm Brian Patrick Cork Says:

Yours, adds to the perspective, George.

I have a “Happy Birthday” message from Steve today. I’m guessing it’s automated. But, I’d not put an alternative past him.

We lost my Mom when she was fifty four. Less than a year later, at fifty four, Dad left me behind. He was already retired as a decorated officer and a hero to most that knew him. So, I’m contemplating everyone else’s impact on me today; and, how I’m formed by so many people I hold above myself.

I’m glad you’re in my life, George. Let’s work hard to finish well and reflect those that inspire.

3. Avatar October 8th, 2011 at 10:31 am Brian Cork, A Mentor: georgelandolt.com Says:

[…] http://www.unsinkablebriancork.com/2011/10/07/life-and-stuff-with-perspective/#comments […]

4. Avatar October 11th, 2011 at 7:05 pm Nick Says:

Which articles ran your unique quotes? I’d like to read more about your reminiscing of the man, the myth, the legend – Steve Jobs. I’ve always been fascinated by him (sometimes with disdain) – unique perspectives of famous people are always charming. Can you link them?

5. Avatar October 11th, 2011 at 7:17 pm Brian Patrick Cork Says:

just Google it Nicholas. You’re a power user.

When the time is right (well… feels right) I’ll likely fire-up some more thinking around Steve Jobs.

Disdain for Steve Jobs? Seriously?

Other than if you can ever aspire to achieve anything close to what he has maybe you’ll grasp how foolish is your perspective, I’m at a loss for words.

If you respond I’m going to ignore you.

6. Avatar October 11th, 2011 at 7:57 pm Nick Says:

I meant no offense. I’ll never speak ill of the dead.

I was simply commenting on the fact that, at times, I had a love/hate sort of emotion toward him. I fully recognize his influence and appreciate the endless improvements he made in his short time here, but some times, I disliked the way he went about it. But, who am I? A no one, comparatively. Steve was amazingly brilliant, and this world is a little more drab that he is gone.

Truly, I wasn’t saying that I had disdain for the man, just some of the decisions. The man will forever be enshrined as a beacon of technological advancement in our age.

7. Avatar October 11th, 2011 at 8:30 pm Brian Patrick Cork Says:

I’m not certain any words offered or written, by anyone, could describe Steve Jobs impact on technology, and the way it has and will continue to shape our lives.

But, thanks for trying.