depriving sleep of myself

August27

One of my business partners advised me this morning that I remind him, and daily, of the “Dos Equis Guy” – who is apparently “the most interesting man in the world”.

I’m on my third consecutive day of virtually no sleep. Haley Anne’s spider bite and related issues, an international business schedule, and the crisis currently surrounding my Shockers threatens to put me on the ropes.

However, I’m wired to beat the odds, and my DNA more often than not defeats adversity. Character is certianly best demonstrated when tested, eh.

So… In the proper spirit of  this type of man, I’ll without humbleness offer:

“No matter what life throws at me I always win the lottery, even though I’ve never purchased a ticket”.

And,

“I’ll deny sleep it’s own satisfaction, if I must, but only because its the closest thing there is to death. My super powers are so obvious that Mother Nature needs my internal clock to make sure the sun sets, and the birds know when to chirp.”

And, our favorite…

“God has tasked Mother Nature with a new marketing program for evolution called: ‘The Laws of Brian’s Selection'”.

“depriving sleep of myself”

1. Avatar August 27th, 2010 at 10:06 am Andrew Collins Says:

I hope that doesn’t add fuel to the fire. AC

2. Avatar August 27th, 2010 at 10:58 am Brian Patrick Cork Says:

Hello Andrew.

Some fires are good. Fire Departments prove this in the bush all the time.

Evolution is tough to take with the change it brings. But, when we let go and open up new experiences for ourselves, we can hope we are better off for it. Let’s trust that’s what’s happening with us now.

3. Avatar August 28th, 2010 at 9:09 am sidney Says:

The “eye of a Hurricane” is formed around Brian Cork because most hurricanes fear him.

Sidney

4. Avatar August 28th, 2010 at 9:14 am Frank Daily Says:

Brian Cork once struck lightning.

5. Avatar August 28th, 2010 at 9:18 am Michelle Armstrong Says:

Only Brian can divide by zero.

MA

6. Avatar August 28th, 2010 at 9:26 am Andy Ramey Says:

Brian Cork can win at connect four in three turns.

Andy R.