those daze we don't expect

April9

Some times we must actually face a day we could not imagine might actually come.

I think I have to let go of a “thing” in order to hold on to a hope. Or, possibly another way of thinking/ saying this is: I must lose something to represent hope for the best possible future (for all involved).

I suspect that sacrifices can represent the elimination of both good and bad from our lives in the sincere hope the result is the best possible outcome. Rather like building up momentum in a burst-speed work-out. For me, the expectation must be that this represents a stronger foundation for a future where I am both fully optimized, and have some how facilitated the best interests of others.

But, damn… I feel so alone. I have lost a vital connection.

Are we stronger in the desert? When I emerge, will I be the same? I hope not.

Internally, what I think I am processing (and, no one can seem to help me) is that I am casting out, and also losing both a bad thing, and a good thing. I can only pray that the result is a better thing.

Either way, the end result has to be me representing and reflecting, and not that which I want; but rather, that which I need.

For the moment, I do have a goal. And, that is to earn a prize. I have to trust that objective represents the beacon I require to shed the appropriate light on my path that enables me to make everything else works.

…sigh.  Obviously, I am struggling with my words today. I keep reading this post, and remain unhappy with the choice of the oft repeated word “thing”. Perhaps this is, if only one of many, reasons why I feel at such a loss for words with this current challenge.

You can expect more later. And, as many of you know, I will likely pop back in and revise this post a couple times throughout the day.

Meanwhile, please share a story with me, if you dare (it will be our global secret).

Its been awhile since I shared my music with you. Here is some American Rejects with The Wind Blows (I understand an actual video is in the works, with an end of April release date. I am sure that will be preferable to this static cover shot).

Peace to my Brothers and Sisters.

posted under Family, Life, Love

“those daze we don't expect”

1. Avatar April 9th, 2009 at 6:15 pm James Jett Says:

Brain:
    For me, sacrifice is rewarding, by that I mean, (like the sacrifices made by a batter to bring in the winning run). But only planned and controlled sacrifice is expected to bring a good result.
    When I feel separate and lonely, I seek to satisfy my need to give. Everyone has a need to give, and we start to feel empty and alone when we fail to do so. The giving should be for a worthy cause, not casting money in a swine pen!

2. Avatar April 9th, 2009 at 6:19 pm Brian Patrick Cork Says:

Hello James.

Thanks for checking in.

I also thank you for the typo of calling me “brain”. It happens all of the time, although I question wether it is justified.

Can you give me (all of us to be sure) an example of what you mean by giving?

3. Avatar April 10th, 2009 at 1:23 am James Jett Says:

Hello Brian.

Thank you for being so kind, after I misspelled your name. I understand it can happen because of a miss type. I cannot claim that as my excuse. Please permit me to explain: When writing or typing a person name I check it at least three times. My problem is I am legally blind in my right eye according to the Highway Petrol, my eye doctors and me. Yet, I drive without glasses, and here is why, from the center of my right eye to the right side of the car I have vision and can see the side view mirror with clear vision. In writing on the Internet I have procedures I use to insure that all names are spelled correctly or as the person spells them. My best procedure is to drag and drop the name from some place where it is already recorded.

When I wrote the above comment and misspelled your name I was using Internet Explorer, and for some reason I cannot drag and drop anything from internet Explorer. So my next method is to check the name three times. That, I did, and yet I posted your name incorrectly. But not because I am careless, it is an unintended error.

Now I will explain by examples, what I mean by giving. The good Samaritan in the Bible, the man that left his daughter on the platform and jump down on the railroad tracks to hold another man down so the train could roll over both of them without harm, and he became a Hero. I will end with two personal occurrences, 7:am I receive a phone call, I answer the phone, the person on the phone identified her self as the operator, and ask me if I am Mr. Jett, I say yes, and she said your neighbor is on the phone with us and she is blind. She called the phone company and said she could not dial your number and that you would go over and help her turn the stove on so she can cook her breakfast. I said to the Operator, she is correct I will go over and help her. This is long but let me tell your readers this last fact. The stove is set on the proper setting for her to cook without help, the problem is she was looking for the Knobs in the places on the old stove so could not be as independent as she Planned. Last, My neighbor on the other side is taking out three heavy garbage cans, I went over and said let me help you so we both can get a little exercise.

You are the Editor;

James

4. Avatar April 10th, 2009 at 10:41 am Brian Patrick Cork Says:

No editing required James.

Your stories are lovely and inspiring. It’s probably more often the little things that we do, with the fairest of intention, that end up having the greatest affects (the “ripple effect”, if you will).

Thanks for being a beacon.

You helped start my day in “the light”.

5. Avatar April 11th, 2009 at 5:09 am Misspelled Names: A No, NO « James Jett: ToDay Says:

[…] check is correct. And now I have misspelled someone’s name and published it! This is my sincere apology. ▶ Comment /* 0) { jQuery(‘#comments’).show(”, change_location()); jQuery(‘#showcomments […]

6. Avatar April 11th, 2009 at 2:22 pm Drew Says:

Brian, I wrote a blog (http://drewtilghman.blogspot.com/2009/04/blinding-trust.html) that I think applies straight to what you are talking about. Watching you convey a heart in intellectual terms is extremely difficult, isn’t it? Perhaps the heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of….

You’re heart is one of a husband, a father, and a son (I know. I’ve seen it.). It is in these terms that if we approached the world, our world would change dramatically. That thing then becomes more… “it” becomes a person. Philippians 3.10-12